ZIMBABWE EZEKIEL GUTI UNIVERSITY
Zimbabwe Ezekiel Guti University (ZEGU) is inviting suitably qualified personnel to fill in the following posts:
1) SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (1 POST)
Qualifications and Skills
· At least an IT or Scientific relevant Degree with strong bias towards software development
· At least 3 years’ post qualification experience in a related function
· Experience with C# and or Java
· Experience with MySql Database
· Experience with PHP
· Experience working with and developing APIs
· Passion for implementing industry standards / best coding practices
· Basic understanding of Software Quality Assurance and version control
· Desire to develop new ideas and learn new technologies
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Designing, developing and maintenance of existing applications ensuring strong optimization and functionality
· Analysing, reviewing and modifying systems by designing, maintaining, documenting, testing, developing and monitoring
· Proactively seeking ways to automate and streamline processes
· Interacting with internal teams to help accomplish University objectives
2) LECTURER/SENIOR LECTURER/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR/PROFESSOR ( 1 POSTs) bachelor of arts (Honours) social work – DEPARTMENT OF Humanities and social sciences
The applicant must hold a Master of Arts and a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Social Work or equivalent. A PhD in this field is an added advantage. The candidate must have at least 2 years lecturing experience at tertiary institution level with a clear record of successful research, publications and supervision of students at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. The candidate must be registered with the Council of Social Workers, Zimbabwe.
Duties and Responsibilities
The candidate must be able to teach Social Work courses and supervise students in field work practicum. The candidate must also be able to supervise students’ research, actively participate in research and contribute to innovations in the University.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 3 APRIL 2022
Six (6) copies of the following: application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and CVs giving full personal including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including emails and addresses. Evidence of membership of a professional association (where applicable) should also be attached.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Position” which is being applied for and submitted to:
The Deputy Registrar-Human Capital Management
Zimbabwe Ezekiel Guti University
Stand No. 1901 Barrassie Rd, Off Shamva Rd
Zimbabwe Ezekiel Guti University,
Harare Teaching and Learning Centre,
18836 Hampden Road, Belvedere,
e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org in a single pdf file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.